I Was Injured At Work. What Should I Do?

Posted on: September 10th, 2013 by admin No Comments

Immediately complete and file a written accident report with your employer. You should also file a First Report of Injury (FROI) with the Ohio Bureau of Workers Compensation as soon as possible. The First Report of Injury (FROI) form may be completed and filed by an injured worker, a treating physician or the injured worker’s employer of record.

Once the First Report of Injury (FROI) form is filed, the Bureau will generate a workers compensation claim number and assign it to the case. The claim number establishes an electronic file for the injured worker. The mere fact that a claim number has been generated, however, does not assure that any benefits will be paid in connection with the claim.