Can I Choose My Own Doctor?

Posted on: September 26th, 2013 by admin No Comments

An injured worker has the right to choose his or her own health care provider. The worker can change his or her physician of record at any time, so long as the intent to change is filed in writing. Treatment requests and documents submitted by medical doctors (M.D.s), doctors of osteopathic medicine (D.O.s), and chiropractors (D.C.s) can all be considered in a workers compensation claim.